It's International Women's Day -- a day to fight injustices and celebrate the wonderful women in our lives.
In honor of this special occasion, I wanted to share __ of my favorite posts about women -- in case you missed them. Learn, and enjoy!
1. Advantages of Traveling While Female.
A while back, Salon published an article called Dangers of traveling while female. While it sucks that women are sometimes harassed or threatened, I thought the article was complete bullshit. Because:
1) If you get raped, there's something like an 80% chance it's by a friend, boyfriend or acquaintance.
2) Traveling alone isn't scary. It's empowering.
3) Overall, people are awesome. They love meeting new people -- especially women, who are less threatening than men -- and exchanging cultures and stories. (Pro tip: bring along some pictures of your home and family. People ALWAYS ask to see them.)
4) You ever slept in the back of one of these:
A few months ago, Salon published an article called Dangers of traveling while female. As a fellow female traveler, I was horrified by Ms. Burton’s perception of how women should/must travel. Then I read The Lack of Female Road Narratives and Why It Matters last week, and I knew I had to say something.
I have never let my gender stop me from having an adventure. In fact, I’ve always thought that traveling alone is easier for a female than a male.
I mean, come on! Sparking conversations with huge numbers of new people; on-the-fly invitations to helicopter rides, lobster diving outings and other escapades; being welcomed to crash in someone’s house or share a meal with their family… are all things that are more likely to happen if you’re a lady.
And next thing you know, you and your two hitchhikers are kayaking in the Cuevas de Marmol on the Chile-Argentina border.
About the Author
Eva is a content specialist with a passion for play, travel... and a little bit of girl power. Read more >
Want to support The Happy Talent? CLICK HERE!
Or Find me on Patreon!
What's Popular on The Happy Talent:
Trending in Dating and Relationships:
What's Popular in Science:
Playfulness and Leisure Skills:
Popular in Psychology and Social Skills: