Two years ago, "Fit Mom" made a lot of people mad by posting this post-baby photo, featuring toned abs, three young sons, and the caption, "What's your excuse?"
Out came the online bullies! Not only were they mad that she has an "unattainable" body... but they also decided, based on a single photo, that she is a "bad mom."
Recently, someone asked my thoughts on the whole ordeal. Here's my professional opinion.
"The Play" has gone down in history as the most amazing, sensational, dramatic, heart-rending, exciting, thrilling finish in the history of college football. For those who need a recap:
One common misconception about feminism is that it's not about "equality," it's about giving women more rights than men. Guys (which I obviously mean in a totally gender-inclusive way). This couldn't be further from the truth.
Real feminism seeks both to eliminate inequality and to empower women to live their lives the way they want to. Meaning that some change has to come from men. But some change has to come from women.
I mean, we're equal, right? That means that men and women need to improve.
And one of the ways in which women need to improve is in their use of hedging language.
My cool cousin John is a baseball prodigy – but sadly, he had a bad dislocation this summer, and had to undergo the same shoulder surgery I had a few years ago.
Because he loves science, I decided to share a crazy story about my microbiome with him. And because I wish I’d had more/better information about shoulder surgery while I was deciding whether or not to have it (eventually, my body made the decision for me), I’ll conclude with a few thoughts about the pros and cons of the surgery.
I recently posted The Very First Thing ALL Divers Should Do When They Get to Bonaire, in which I described the Lionfish Hunting certification course I took while traveling in the ABC Islands. (Eradicating invasive species for the win!)
But I also wanted to give a shoutout to what I thought was the best dive shop in Bonaire – VIP Diving, through whom I took said lionfish course.
If you love scuba diving and you haven't been to Bonaire yet, you are missing out.
I was fortunate enough to be there over the 4th of July this year, and I got to try something I've never done before... Underwater fireworks!
Want to know how I know there is magic in the world?
Because I just returned from Bonaire, where there is magic everywhere.
How to Work Out When You're Lazy - Advice From Someone Who Has NO Desire to Work Out, But Does All The Time
Whether for your health, your fitness, or your looks, many of us want to want to work out... but we don't.
I have the opposite problem (err, "problem"): I have no interest or motivation to work out... yet I do it all the time.
I recently wrote that one great goal for creative types (and aren’t we all creative types?) is to follow the 80-20 rule: consume 80% of the time, and create the other 20%.
This is important for two reasons:
I read the saddest story ever this morning. A beautiful, vibrant woman named Geraldine Largay, or Inchworm, was found dead in her tent, almost two years after losing her way along the Appalachian Trail.
About the Author
Eva is a content specialist with a passion for play, travel... and a little bit of girl power. Read more >
Want to support The Happy Talent? CLICK HERE!
Or Find me on Patreon!
What's Popular on The Happy Talent:
Trending in Dating and Relationships:
What's Popular in Science:
Playfulness and Leisure Skills:
Popular in Psychology and Social Skills: